[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

encryption export bill

According to an article in last week's Wall Street Journal, Sen. Conrad Burns
planned to introduce a new bill that would ease fed government's crypto export
rules.

I'm aware that various groups and individuals have been pushing for a change in
the export laws for some time now. So I'm looking to find out what's new about
this bill and what the realistic chances are for its passage. Does anyone have
any additional information on this or know where I could find some?

Assuming there is news here, I'm also interested in hearing thoughts about this
bill and its significance (or lack thereof, as the case may be) from any of you
who follow this area and have an interest in commenting.

Please email me, either privately or via the list.

Thanks,

CJ Prince
Senior Associate Editor
Bank Systems + Technology Magazine